Posted by GroupBC on 3 April 2019
Video: Top Tip - How to drag and drop Files to BC in iOS 11
How to drag and drop Files to BC in iOS 11
GroupBC’s Common Data Environment – BC – has long supported dragging and dropping multiple files into projects and folders. Now, thanks to iOS 11, you can drag and drop files on your iPad too.
Let’s look at dragging and dropping multiple photos into BC. Just follow these simple steps.
- In BC in Safari, navigate into your destination project or folder.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPad’s screen to bring up the dock.
- Open up Photos in Slide Over mode by dragging the Photos App icon from the dock to the right side of your iPad screen.
- In Photos, browse to the photos and select them.
- Finally, drag and drop the photos onto the “Drop Files Here” icon in BC.
- The Photos will be copied across into BC and you will be able to edit their types and metadata as required.
We made a short video to show you just how easy it is.
If the Photos App isn’t in your dock you will either need to add it to the dock OR open Photos just prior to using BC in Safari.
If you wish to work with files instead then you can repeat the above steps but using the new Files App in iOS 11.
Click here to view our Top Tip